These low carb coconut cashew butter biscuits drizzled with chocolate is such a quick and easy recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
They are crisp on the outside and softer in the middle. Did I mention they are gluten-free too?
Yield: 24 Biscuits | Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup smooth cashew nut butter
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Stevia
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 squares (40g) 85% dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease or line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Apart from the dark chocolate, mix all ingredients together until well combined and a dough has formed.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon amount, make balls of dough and place balls on the baking tray.
- Flatten each dough ball with a fork (This will make a criss-cross mark with the fork).
- Bake for 10 minutes until edges start to brown. Allow the biscuits to cool down on a wire cooling rack.
- To decorate the biscuits, melt dark chocolate in 30-second increments until melted.
- Dip a fork into melted chocolate and drizzle.
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
- For this recipe, you can substitute for peanut butter which will taste even better.
- Stevia can be replaced with 1 cup sugar equivalent of low carb sweetener or honey.
- For dairy-free diet, substitute butter for coconut oil.
- You can get creative with these biscuits and add chocolate chips, raisins, raspberries or anything you prefer.
- Coconut flour may be adjusted to get desired texture. More will result in more cake-like and less will be more dense.
- The batter does not spread much in the oven. So, if you want thinner biscuits, you’ll need to flatten them very thin before baking.
- Please keep a very close eye on them in the oven to ensure they don’t overcook and burn.
- With the added dark chocolate drizzled, it is 4g carbs and 102 calories per biscuit.
Nutritional Info (per biscuit – without dark chocolate): 92 Calories | 3 g Protein | 3 g Carbs | 8 g Fat * This may slightly differ depending on where you buy your ingredients from.