This perfect low carb snack is dairy free, keto friendly and will satisfy your cravings during the holiday season. If you’re a fan of bounty chocolate bars, you will love this. Plus this simple recipe requires no cooking or baking.
Yield: 10 Bites
- 1 cup fine desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp stevia
- 75g 85% dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix together desiccated coconut, coconut cream, vanilla extract and stevia with a spoon or spatula.
- Line a small tray with parchment paper. Roll coconut mixture into 10 evenly sized balls and place in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours, until the balls are frozen.
- For the chocolate coating, melt coconut oil and chocolate in the microwave at 30 second increments until melted.
- Dip coconut balls in the chocolate (ensuring each side is evenly coated) and place back onto the small tray.
- Place all chocolate coconut bites in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate coating.
- You can substitute dark chocolate for milk chocolate and not include coconut oil.
If you use my recipe, tag me on instagram (healthychoicesjoyce) or twitter (DIYWITHJOY), as I would love to see your pictures.
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info (Per bite): 161 Calories | 1.9 g Protein | 2.6 g Carbs | 15.6 g Fat * This may slightly vary depending on where you buy your ingredients from.