Substitute your sugary cereal bars with this simple snack and eat on the go. These nutritious flapjacks are a good way to include some fibre and fruits in your daily intake.
No added sugar and butter is needed as the honey, bananas and strawberries will add sweetness and bring these flapjacks to life.
Yield: About 16 | Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of strawberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- On a flat plate, mash the bananas with a folk.
- In a bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, honey, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon and any other dry ingredients you want to add together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together and stir. Mix in chopped pieces of strawberries.
- Transfer the flapjack mix into the prepared baking tray and bake for around 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow the flapjacks to cool down for at least 10 minutes before cutting into pieces.
- You can pretty much substitute or add ingredients such as dates, chocolate chips, flax seeds, mix seeds, raisins, apples and peanut butter etc.
- Use gluten – free oats for coeliacs disease.
- The flapjacks will last up to a week in an airtight container.
If you use my recipe, tag me on instagram or twitter, as I would love to see your pictures.
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info (Per Yield): 143 Calories | 2 g Protein | 17 g Carbs | 8 g Fat * This may slightly vary depending on where you buy your ingredients from.