This is a quick and easy curry which doesn’t take much effort to make and is super flavourful. Perfect for weeknights and weekend dinners.
5 Servings | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger mince
- 1 knorr seasoning cube
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- mixed bell peppers, cored and cut into squares
- spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, finely sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- coriander, to garnish
- Cut chicken into small pieces and place in a bowl, add all-purpose seasoning, 1/2 tbsp paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut oil and cook chicken until brown on both sides. Add spring onions, peppers and garlic and ginger paste. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, seasoning stir and bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat for about 8 mins, then reduce the heat and allow the curry to simmer.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with rice or cauliflower rice!
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
- Store coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours before use. This will allow the coconut milk to solidify and separate from the coconut water.
- You can thicken your curry by adding 1-2 tbsp of cornstarch or coconut cream.
- To make the cauliflower rice pictured above, heat oil in a pan, add grated cauliflower, turmeric, mixed herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5-8 mins on medium heat.
- You can use chicken thighs, legs or other cuts of meat for this recipe.
Nutritional Info (per serving): 324 Calories | 24.4 g Protein | 4.8 g Carbs | 23.5 g Fat * This may slightly differ depending on where you buy your ingredients from.