Lately, I’ve been having coconut fever and I don’t actually like real coconuts. Even if you dislike coconuts like me, the flavours and aroma from this chicken recipe are too divine for you not to give this a try.
8 Servings | Cooking time: Approximately 1 hour
- 1kg chicken drumsticks and thighs(or about 8 pieces of chicken)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (0ptional)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 40g mixed chillies, sliced
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic and ginger
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 knorr chicken cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a medium pot, heat coconut oil until melted.
- Add sliced onions and mixed chillies and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk, coconut cream, all seasonings and stir well.
- Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes and allow to cool down.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and pour over the coconut creamed sauce. Cover and the chicken to marinate from 1-24 hours.
- Transfer marinated chicken onto an oven tray and cook at 180 degrees for 50 minutes to an hour.
If you use my recipe, you can share your lovely pictures with me on Instagram and Twitter.
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
- Store coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours before use. This will allow the coconut milk to solidify.
- Adding coconut cream will thick the coconut sauce.
- You can use any cuts of chicken for this recipe.
Nutritional Info (per serving): 429 Calories | 34.7 g Protein | 3.2 g Carbs | 30.9 g Fat * This may slightly differ depending on where you buy your ingredients from.