Cajun butternut squash fries are a perfect way to incorporate vegetables into your lifestyle. They’re yummy, crispy and almost remind me of sweet potato fries.
Health benefits of a butternut squash:
1. A great source of vitamin A, zeaxanthin and lutein, two powerful antioxidants that helps improve eyesight and reduces inflammation.
2. Butternut squash can help your body maintain a healthy bone structure.
3. Contains a lot of vitamin C which helps boosts immune function.
4. High in antioxidants.
5. The potassium in butternut squash helps maintain healthy blood pressure.
4 Servings | Cooking time: Approx. 15-20 minutes
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- 1/2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Cut the butternut squash in two, remove the seeds and peel the skin. *You can leave the skin on to save time.
- Cut the squash in wedges or long strips.
- Blot any moisture from the butternut squash fries with paper towels.
- Place butternut squash fries in a bowl or a plastic bag. Melt coconut oil and coat the fries in them.
- Sprinkle seasonings and shake in a plastic bag until squash fries are coated.
- Place squash on a baking sheet and cook until lightly browned about 15-20 minutes. Turn halfway through cooking time.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.
If you use my recipe, you can share your lovely pictures with me on Instagram and Twitter.
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info (per serving): 112 Calories | 3.9 g Protein | 13.5 g Carbs | 5.5 g Fat * This may slightly differ depending on where you buy your ingredients from.