Cajun butternut squash fries are a perfect way to incorporate vegetables into your lifestyle. They’re yummy, crispy and almost remind me of sweet potato fries.
Health benefits of butternut squash:
1. A great source of vitamin A, zeaxanthin and lutein, two powerful antioxidants that helps improve eyesight and reduces inflammation.
2. Butternut squash can help your body maintain a healthy bone structure.
3. Contains a lot of vitamin C which helps boosts immune function.
4. High in antioxidants.
5. The potassium in butternut squash helps maintain healthy blood pressure.
4 Servings | Cooking time: Aprox. 15-20 minutes
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- 1/2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre heat oven to 200 °C.
- Cut the butternut squash in two, remove the seeds and peel the skin. *You can leave the skin on to save time.
- Cut the squash in wedges or long strips.
- Blot any moisture from the butternut squash fries with paper towels.
- Place butternut squash fries in a bowl or a plastic bag. Melt coconut oil and coat the fries in them.
- Sprinkle seasonings and shake in a plastic bag until squash fries are coated.
- Place squash on baking sheet and cook until lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes. Turn half way through cooking time.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info (per serving): 112 Calories | 3.9 g Protein | 13.5 g Carbs | 5.5 g Fat * This may slightly differ depending on where you buy your ingredients from.