Hi friends! I know it’s been a while but I’m back with another recipe. This is a great low carb alternative to a typical cottage pie to enjoy with your family and friends. You can easily switch it up to your own desire by adding your favourite vegetables and protein.
5 Servings | Total Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 100g mozzarella cheese
- 100g broccoli
- 2 bell sliced peppers
- 1/4 sliced red onions
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 knorr cube
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
Cut cauliflower into florets and boil in a pan for 10 mins, until soft.
- Drain water from the pan and add mozzarella cheese, mix herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well until soft and creamy. Set aside.
- In another pan, boil broccoli for 5 mins until soft.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on median heat. Add peppers, red peppers and broccoli and sautée for 7 mins.
- Add turkey mince and mix in the rest of the dry herbs, seasoning and tomato until desired taste is reached.
- Cook mince for 15-20 mins until cooked through.
- Line deep dish with foil or non stick paper. Add the mince to the bottom of the dish, making sure you have formed an even layer.
- Spoon on the cauliflower mash to cover. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and cook in the oven for 20 mins, or until the top is golden.
- Serve hot with a simple summer salad.
Nutritional Info (per serving): 324 Calories | 24.4 g Protein | 4.8 g Carbs | 23.5 g Fat * This may slightly differ depending on where you buy your ingredients from.