My friend kindly got me some meat masala all the way from India and decided to get creative in the kitchen and make a couple of Indian inspired recipes. These easy to make garam masala chicken skewers was just one of them. Make a few extras and save them for lunch the next day!
Yield: 12 Skewers | Cooking time: 10 minutes-15 minutes
- 600g chicken breast fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Mixed bell peppers, chopped into large chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced into squares
- 1-2 tbsp Meat masala/Garam masala
- 90g natural Greek yoghurt
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Fresh coriander
- Pinch of salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
You will also need:
- A pack of bamboo skewers
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well with the chicken, ensuring each chicken piece is coated well. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or up to a day.
- Thread a piece of chicken onto a skewer, followed by a chunk of red pepper, then a piece of chicken and a slice of onion. Repeat until you use up all the chicken.
- Oil the grate of the griddle before placing the chicken skewers on them. When you’re ready to cook, heat your BBQ or griddle until it’s very hot.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on each side, until the chicken is cooked through. To check the chicken is cooked, slice opens the largest piece and make sure it’s no pink in the middle.
- Sprinkle with coriander, then serve with salad and rice.
If you use my recipe, tag me on Instagram or Twitter, as I would love to see your pictures.
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info (per skewer): 120 Calories | 13.5 g Protein | 2.8 g Carbs | 6.2 g Fat * This may slightly differ depending on where you buy your ingredients from.