These low carb, gluten and sugar-free blueberry muffins are a quick and easy recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
The blueberries add a nice sweet kick to the muffins and you can DIY your own muffins by using your favourite berries fruits. I also added a zesty touch by using my
secret ingredient lemon juice.
Yield: 8 Cupcakes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup (minus 2 tbsp) almond flour (or ground almonds)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup stevia or more, if you like a sweeter taste
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 2 large eggs
- 70 grams fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 -6 drops of Lemon juice
- 5 tbsp Desiccated coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (leave out the blueberries) and use a whisk or hand mixer to mix well.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and divide the mixture between 8 muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow to the blueberry muffins to cool down for about 10 mins and sprinkle some granular stevia on top (optional).
- Store in the fridge for up to a week in a zip lock bag or airtight container.
- Best served cold (after putting in the fridge) with some greek yoghurt.
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
- Stevia can be replaced with 1/4 cup sugar equivalent of low carb sweetener or honey.
- Other berries such as raspberries can be used in place of blueberries.
Nutritional Info (Per muffin): 130 Calories | 2.8 g Protein | 6.7 g Carbs | 9.7 g Fat * This may slightly vary depending on where you buy your ingredients from.