These low carb, gluten and sugar-free blueberry muffins are a quick and easy recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
The blueberries add a nice sweet kick to the muffins and you can diy your own muffins by using your favourite berries fruits. I also added a zesty touch by using my
secret ingredient lemon juice.
Yield: 8 Cupcakes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup (minus 2 tbsp) almond flour (or ground almonds)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup stevia or more, if you like a sweeter taste
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 70 grams fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 -6 drops of Lemon juice
- 5 tbsp Desiccated coconut (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
Combine the remaining ingredients (leave out the blueberries) and use a whisk or hand mixer to mix well.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and divide the mixture between 8 muffin cases.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Allow to the blueberry muffins to cool down for about 10 mins and sprinkle some granular stevia on top (optional).
Store in the fridge for up to week in a zip lock bag or air tight container.
- Best served cold (after putting in the fridge) with some greek yogurt.
For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
- Stevia can be replaced with 1/4 cup sugar equivalent of low carb sweetener or honey.
- Other berries such as raspberries can be used in place of blueberries.
Nutritional Info (Per muffin): 130 Calories | 2.8 g Protein | 6.7 g Carbs | 9.7 g Fat * This may slightly vary depending on where you buy your ingredients from.