These delicious chicken skewers are very simple to make and won’t require much time in the kitchen! Perfect for summer and barbecue.
- 600g chicken breast fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Mixed bell peppers, chopped into large chunks
- Chorizo slices
- 1 red onion, sliced into squares
- 2 tbsp Dr Wills BBQ sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Chipotle sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 chicken knorr cube
- Himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste
You will also need
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well with the chicken, ensuring each chicken piece is coated well. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or up to a day.
- Thread a piece of chicken onto a skewer, followed by a chorizo slice, bell pepper and onion slice Repeat until you use up all the chicken.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, put in about 4 skewers depending on the size of your pan. Let the chicken cook on high flame for a minute on all sides to sear all the juices.
- After the pieces are seared, lower the heat to medium, and let the chicken cook on each side for about 10-15 minutes in total, until the chicken is cooked through. To check the chicken is cooked, slice opens the largest piece and make sure it’s no pink in the middle.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander, then serve with salad.
- If you’re using the bamboo skewers, please soak them in water for at least 15 minutes.
- For alternative cooking methods, these chicken skewers can be grilled or baked in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15 - 20 minutes, until the edges of the chorizo are crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- You can use skinless chicken thigh fillets instead of chicken breasts fillets for these skewers. I find chicken thighs juicer so this is my preference nowadays. Cook the chicken thigh fillets for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 427mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 54g
This may slightly vary depending on where you buy your ingredients.
Thanks for reading! If you use my recipe, please tag me on Instagram or Twitter, as I would love to see your pictures. For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
*Please note, Buy Dr Wills has gifted some products for review, but all views are my own*