These delicious chicken skewers are very simple to make and won’t require much time in the kitchen! Perfect for summer and barbecue.
- 600g chicken breast fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Mixed bell peppers, chopped into large chunks
- Chorizo slices
- 1 red onion, sliced into squares
- 2 tbsp Dr Wills BBQ sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Chipotle sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 chicken knorr cube
- Himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste
You will also need
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well with the chicken, ensuring each chicken piece is coated well. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or up to a day.
- Thread a piece of chicken onto a skewer, followed by a chorizo slice, bell pepper and onion slice Repeat until you use up all the chicken.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, put in about 4 skewers depending on the size of your pan. Let the chicken cook on high flame for a minute on all sides to sear all the juices.
- After the pieces are seared, lower the heat to medium, and let the chicken cook on each side for about 10-15 minutes in total, until the chicken is cooked through. To check the chicken is cooked, slice opens the largest piece and make sure it’s no pink in the middle.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander, then serve with salad.
- If you’re using the bamboo skewers, please soak them in water for at least 15 minutes.
- For alternative cooking methods, these chicken skewers can be grilled or baked in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15 - 20 minutes, until the edges of the chorizo are crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- You can use skinless chicken thigh fillets instead of chicken breasts fillets for these skewers. I find chicken thighs juicer so this is my preference nowadays. Cook the chicken thigh fillets for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 369Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 154mgSodium 427mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 54g
This may slightly vary depending on where you buy your ingredients.
Thanks for reading! If you use my recipe, please tag me on Instagram or Twitter, as I would love to see your pictures. For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!
*Please note, Buy Dr Wills has gifted some products for review, but all views are my own*