These delicious chicken skewers are very simple to make and won’t require much time in the kitchen! Perfect for summer and bbq season coming soon!
Yield: 12 Skewers | Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 600g chicken breast fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Mixed bell peppers, chopped into large chunks
- Chorizo slices
- 1 red onion, sliced into squares
- 2 tbsp Dr Wills BBQ sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Chipotle
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 chicken knorr cube
- Himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste
You will also need:
- A pack of bamboo skewers or metal skewers.
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well with the chicken, ensuring each chicken piece is coated well. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or up to a day.
2. Thread a piece of chicken onto a skewer, followed by a chorizo slice, bell pepper and onion slice Repeat until you use up all the chicken.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, put in about 4 skewers depending on the size of your pan. Let the chicken cook on high flame for a minute on all sides to sear all the juices.
4. After the pieces are seared, lower the heat to medium, and let the chicken cook on each side for about 10-15 minutes in total, until the chicken is cooked through. To check the chicken is cooked, slice opens the largest piece and make sure it’s no pink in the middle.
5. Sprinkle with fresh coriander, then serve with salad.
• If you’re using the bamboo skewers, please soak them in water for at least 15 minutes.
• For alternative cooking methods, these chicken skewers can be grilled or baked in the oven.
Thanks for reading! If you use my recipe, please tag me on Instagram or Twitter, as I would love to see your pictures. For further assistance making this recipe, comment below or contact me via email. Enjoy!