13 Cheap Flights to Europe For Day Trips

13 Cheap Flights to Europe For Day Trips

Have you ever considered doing a day trip before? Day trips are a great way to travel more without breaking the bank as you don’t need to spend money on accommodation. Travelling to short-haul destinations on a weekend is a good approach to travel to another country without having to take any paid leave if you are in a full-time job.

In this post, I share 7 relatively cheap flight tickets from London to European cities nearby. Catch your flight early in the morning, roam a new city, try a new dish, strike a conversation with a local, do a free walking tour and get back to your own familiar comfort of your own, your bed. If that sounds like something you would want to try sometime soon, keep reading.

These tickets are up for grabs now. Get them as soon as you can because they might get sold out or increase before you know it! Let’s take advantage of these prices before Brexit happens or not. Don’t say I didn’t warn you 🙂

Please note, these flight deals are per live availability and may be subject to change if not booked promptly.

Saturday 5th October:

Wednesday 23rd October:

1.Oslo, Norway

Monday 28th October:

1. Milan, Italy

Tuesday 29th October:

2. Oslo, Norway

If you do grab any of these travel deals, I would love to hear! Thanks for reading!

Looking for your next travel destination? Need help with holiday planning or would like a detailed personal itinerary?
As a travel consultant, I want to help you guys book the best affordable flights, hotels and activities to meet your needs and ease off that pressure of planning a holiday. Fill in a quick form on diywithjoy.com/shop/services/ which takes under 2 minutes. You can also send an email to diywithjoy@outlook@com.

23 Comments

1. September 5, 2019 / 9:38 am
    You are the plug girl! I am here for day trips!
    • September 5, 2019 / 10:46 am
      Thanks girl! 💛 Me too, definitely convenient for us full-timers!
  2. September 5, 2019 / 1:09 pm
    I would love to do that, but unfortunately Ljubljana doesn't have any low cost connections. :S I can for sure recommend Copenhagen. It is such a charming city with so much to see and do, you will wish to have more time. :)
    • September 5, 2019 / 10:52 pm
      That’s such a shame! Glad to hear you you enjoyed Copenhagen! I went back in June solo 😊
  3. September 5, 2019 / 5:23 pm
    Thank YOU for this! I have just booked a day trip to EINDHOVEN via Ryanair for £19.98 only!
    • September 5, 2019 / 10:50 pm
      Yaay I’m glad to hear! I hope you enjoy your trip! Would love to hear what you get up to in Eindhoven 💛
  4. September 6, 2019 / 9:44 pm
    WOW I can't believe how cheap these flights are! Seriously thinking about grabbing a flight to Copenhagen now! Lon x
    • September 7, 2019 / 9:51 am
      Hey Lon! I know right, definitely a steal! You should go, Copenhagen is a picturesque city, it’s quite easy to get to the city centre and a lot of sites and things to do are within walking distance. You could also do a free walking tour if that’s your thing 😊
      • September 8, 2019 / 12:44 am
        Oohhh don’t tempt me! Deffo on my list now, it looks so gorgeous. Will have to plan a good time to go 😊
  5. September 7, 2019 / 12:06 pm
    This is such a great idea - I am determined to do this over the winter to somewhere for the day! I have no idea where yet though! x
    • September 14, 2019 / 7:22 am
      Thank you and yes you should go for it! 😊
    • September 14, 2019 / 7:22 am
      Thank you and will do! 😃
  6. mydreamality
    September 7, 2019 / 4:12 pm
    Thanks for sharing! I'm fascinated with The Netherlands and Eindhoven is perfect!
    • September 14, 2019 / 7:24 am
      You’re welcome! Thanks for reading! That’s great, I’ve never been to Eindhoven myself. Would like to go someday! 😊
  7. September 7, 2019 / 4:21 pm
    Wow this is great information to know for future references, when I plan my trip to Europe! I've heard so much about visiting other European countries while visiting one, but by train. Who knew a trip by plane would be more convenient and cheaper.
    • September 14, 2019 / 7:26 am
      You’re welcome! Thanks for reading Shari! I’m glad you got something out of the blog post. Yeah train can be a good way to travel with Europe but you can also get cheap flight tickets like these which will help you get to your destination faster 😊
  8. September 17, 2019 / 8:23 pm
    Thank you for sharing this. Love the photos. Norway and Denmark catches my eye. Have you been to any of the cities mentioned? Amalog - http://amalog.co
    • September 24, 2019 / 11:55 am
      Thank you! Ive never been to Norway but I’ve been to Copenhagen, Denmark for a day trip earlier this year and it was a quite a good vibe! I’ve travelled to Toulouse for short birthday trip a few years ago and enjoyed it. There was lots of Christmas markets too! Thanks for reading 😊
  9. September 18, 2019 / 12:39 am
    What great info! I didn’t travel around Europe when I still lived in the UK (I moved to the U.S.) and this has made me want to plan a trip!
    • September 24, 2019 / 11:52 am
      That’s great to hear! Hopefully you’ll have the chance to do some trips around Europe soon! ☺️
  10. Kayleigh Zara
    September 18, 2019 / 9:55 am
    Oh my gosh this is such a great idea for a day trip, and most of these are cheaper than a return train ticket to London! Toulouse sounds amazing x Kayleigh Zara 🌟 http://www.kayleighzaraa.com
    • September 24, 2019 / 11:51 am
      I know right! Imagine you can go to another country for less than the price of tickets to Manchester from London 😊