You know you are obsessed with a dish when you make it over and over again for meal prep Sundays. This warm and spicy curry is a perfect wholesome dinner for the autumn season. This recipe uses mainly natural and organic ingredients that are good for the soul. One of my favourite natural ingredients that I have enjoyed using is organic turmeric powder which has amazing health benefits. Tumeric is a very versatile ingredient and I particularly love using this spice to season my meats or adding it to curry like this.
Makes 6-7 Servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes|Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 850g chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 bell peppers or chillies
- 4 vine-ripened tomato or 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 heaped tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp organic turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Black pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
- Fresh Coriander, chopped
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Wash and prepare the chicken beforehand. Cut chicken breasts into small cube pieces.
- Chop onions, pepper/chillies and set aside. In a pan, heat coconut oil and add chopped onions, peppers and sautee with tomato puree for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, seasonings and spices into the pan, allowing the tomatoes to cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook on medium to high heat for 15-20 minutes, occasionally turning the chicken pieces.
- Add coconut milk, salt, pepper to taste, bringing to boil and leave to simmer gently 15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, stir in chopped coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve with a garlic herb naan bread and rice of choice. I chose to serve mine with Tumeric cauliflower rice which is a great low carb alternative to rice.
*Please note, Buy Whole Foods Online has gifted some products for review, but all views are my own*
What’s your favourite natural ingredient to add to a curry?
Please pin, share and comment below!