I absolutely love using paprika! It’s one of my favourite spices and one that I regularly use in my cooking. I was reminiscing of my time in Budapest, breezing through the Christmas markets, trying Hungarian street food, enjoying and taking in the incredible views of illuminating landmarks at night. I noticed markets and stalls would display a variety of paprika that you could even buy as a souvenir. From sweet paprika, to smoked paprika and hot paprika. It was here I discovered from a local that the word ‘ paprika’ was birthed in Hungary. You’ll find paprika in one of Hungary’s most popular and classic dishes, Goulash. Smoked paprika, in particular, intrigued me because of the name itself.
Since then I’ve been sprinkling away on many of my go-to meals like curries and adding it to my meat rubs. Even my mum loves it! I saw her use it the other day to make some Asaro (yam porridge). It’s such a versatile ingredient that oozes with smokey flavours without adding much heat like chilli flakes so don’t be afraid to be generous with it. Adding honey along with the smoked paprika spice amplifies the sweetness already found in smoked paprika and certainly adds a warm homely feel to the dish. The flavour combinations are just amazing!
This recipe is great for meal prepping for the week or perhaps hosting a Sunday dinner with family and friends. Maybe you may not have the time to spend in the kitchen but this honey smoked paprika chicken thigh with roast vegetables makes it simple to cook everything in one pan. That means less washing up for you!
Makes 5 Servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes|Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Sheet Pan Vegetables
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 100g Asparagus Tips
- 240g Vegetable Medley (broccoli, carrot, baby corn, sugar snap)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Honey Smoked Paprika Chicken
- 10 pcs Chicken Thighs (1 kg)
- 3 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Half a Lemon
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Chicken knorr cube
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat your oven beforehand to 200 degrees celsius. Wash and prepare the chicken beforehand.
- In a bowl, add the chicken and mix together honey, smoked paprika, cumin, lemon juice squeezed, garlic powder, chilli flakes, knorr cube, salt and pepper (to your taste). Set aside to prep the vegetables.
- Cut onions and bell peppers into quarters roughly. Peel the skin of sweet potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Place all vegetables on a lightly greased sheet pan and mix olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika salt and pepper (to taste) together with the vegetables.
- Arrange vegetables on the sheet pan. Then add the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables and bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes.
- Garnish the chicken with some chopped parsley, ready to serve.
I’ve been making this repetitively over the last 2 weeks. Hope you enjoy making it as much as I did! If you use my recipe, please tag me on Instagram or Twitter, with a picture and use the hashtag #diywithjoy so I can see your tasty pictures. Enjoy!
*Please note, Schwartz has sent me (this product) for review, but all views are my own*