Have you ever tried homemade flapjacks? They are delicious and makes a great snack on the go. I’m always looking for easy and healthy recipes that can be ready in a short time but still provide some more nutrition than a regular snack. If you are determined to make this recipe just note that you don’t need any added sugar and butter as the bananas, strawberries and honey will provide sweetness to this dish.
STRAWBERRY FLAPJACKS STEP BY STEP RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL
USEFUL KITCHEN TOOLS
Here are a few key basic kitchen tools you will need to make this recipe:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- On a flat plate, mash the bananas with a fork.
- In a bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, honey, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon and any other extra ingredients you want to add together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together and stir. Mix in chopped pieces of strawberries.
- Transfer the flapjack mix into the prepared baking tray and bake for around 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow the flapjacks to cool down for at least 10 minutes before cutting into pieces.
- You can pretty much substitute or add ingredients such as dates, chocolate chips, flax seeds, mix seeds, raisins, apples and peanut butter etc.
- Store the flapjacks in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Use gluten-free oats for coeliacs disease.
- I personally love the taste of the flapjacks when it's cold after a day in the fridge.
- Adjust the amount of honey to your taste.
- Serve with some ice cream on a warm sunny day.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 16
Amount Per Serving Calories 149Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 14mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 2g
This may slightly vary depending on where you buy your ingredients from.
Thanks for reading! If you have tried this recipe, please leave a review and star rating which you can find at the bottom of the page and recipe card. Enjoy!