BBQ season has arrived and I’m excited about all the cookouts this summer. I just need someone to host a bbq this weekend and I’ll bring the vibes and maybe some pizza. My smokey chipotle BBQ chicken and creamy goat cheese puff pastry pizza recipe is perfect for entertaining guests! It’s also a delicious lunch or dinner recipe which can be served with a side of salad and sweet potato fries. Combined with the indulgent goat cheese and a light and flaky crust, the smokey chipotle BBQ chicken gives this pizza a subtle sweetness. It’s giving Greggs pastries and pizza! I can’t think of a better combination! You can add different toppings to this recipe, which makes it versatile. I made this with sweet chilli chicken and the flavours were just as amazing as the chipotle BBQ chicken.
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 6 Tbsp Smokey Chipotle BBQ sauce
- 1.5 tsp garlic paste
- 1.5 tsp crushed chillies
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 375g Puff Pastry Ready Rolled
- 200g Tomato & Herb Pizza Sauce
- 50g Roasted peppers, diced
- 50g Goat's cheese
- Chopped parsley and crushed chillies, to garnish
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, marinade diced chicken breasts with chipotle bbq sauce, garlic paste, crushed chillies, paprika, salt and black pepper. Set marinaded chicken aside.
- Cut off the stem end of the onion and trim the root end, keeping it intact. Peel back the onion skin, then cut the onion in half. Slice the onion, making angled cuts.
- Unroll the puff pastry. With a sharp knife, cut the pastry into 8 rectangular pastry pieces. For each individual pastry piece, score a rectangle, about 1 inch in from the outside edge being careful not to cut all the way through. Place onto prepared baking tray.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium - high heat. Add marinaded chicken to the pan and give them a good sear on the first side, then flip and cook for about 12 mins in total. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the pizza: Spread the pizza sauce in the puff pastry pieces. Add sliced onions, diced roasted peppers and chicken on top of the tomato pizza sauce.
- Chop goat cheese into small cubes and add to the pastry puff pizza. Garnish with crushed chillies and parsley.
- Brush the edges with beaten eggs and bake in the oven for 20 mins or until the pastry is golden and flaky.
- Serve with mixed salad and sweet potato fries.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 473Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 79mgSodium 356mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 5gSugar 8gProtein 27g
* This may slightly vary depending on where you purchase your ingredients from and the particular brand you use.
What’s your favourite meal to have at a summer bbq?