If you’re pressed for time, this is a quick dessert to put together that will wow your friends. The buttery shortcrust pastry base is filled with a layer of sweet caramel and chocolate ganache and topped with crushed hazelnuts, white and milk chocolate shavings and ferrero rochers chocolates. Normally I love making the shortcrust pastry base and caramel sauce from scratch but time is precious especially when you are cooking a great number of dishes. I’ve made this amazing sweet chocolate caramel tart a couple of times and it does not disappoint!
USEFUL KITCHEN TOOLS
Here are a few key basic kitchen tools you will need to make this recipe:
If you have tried this recipe, please leave a review and star rating which you can find this at the bottom of the page and recipe card. Enjoy!
- 640g ready made sweet shortcrust pastry sheets uncooked dough
- 397g tin of Carnations Caramel
Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- 300ml double Cream
- 125g milk Chocolate
- 125g dark Chocolate
- 25g unsalted Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g white Chocolate
- 30g milk Chocolate
- a pack of 5 ferrero rocher
- 40g hazelnuts
- Roll the pastry mix out onto a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin. Press the pastry into the fluted flan tin and trim & neaten the edges. Fill any gaps of the pastry with any excess pastry so it's all covered! Put in the fridge for 30 mins – 1 hour to allow the pastry to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cover the pastry with parchment paper and fill with baking rice or beans and bake the pastry ‘blind’ for 15 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and the rice and bake for an extra 5-7 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through and slightly golden! Leave to cool in the tin.
- Once the pastry base has cooled down, pour the caramel onto the base and spread evenly. Leave in the fridge to set while making the chocolate filling.
- Pour the double cream and Vanilla into a small saucepan and heat gently, stir occasionally.
- In a separate large bowl, break milk and dark chocolate in small pieces and add unsalted butter. Once the cream is just starting to boil, pour the cream over the chocolate/butter mix, and whisk till smooth. If the chocolate doesn’t fully melt, microwave the mixture in 10-second bursts till it does. Pour this on top of the caramel and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set the tart, or even overnight.
- To decorate the tart, use a grater to make the white and milk chocolate shavings. Add Ferrero rochers, chocolate shavings and crushed hazelnuts. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 812Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 26gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 85mgSodium 525mgCarbohydrates 89gFiber 4gSugar 55gProtein 10g
* This may slightly vary depending on where you purchase your ingredients from and the particular brand you use.