These baked chicken goujons are absolutely delicious, succulent and a must-try for my gluten-free, keto, paleo and low-carb lovers. Enjoy them on their own as a simple appetiser or with a sweet homemade Korean dipping sauce.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillets
- 2 eggs
- 150g almond flour
- 1.5 tbsp onion salt
- 1.5-2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 tbsp black pepper
- 1.5 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp foodace all-purpose seasoning
Korean dipping sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line baking tray with foil.
2. Cut chicken breasts into long strips.
3. In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs.
4. In a large bowl, combine all seasonings and almond flour and mix well.
5. Take the chicken one piece at a time, and dip it into the egg, and then dip it straight into the almond flour mixture. Note: Ensure the chicken is evenly coated.
6. Place coated chicken on the baking tray and cook in the oven at about 180 degrees for 25 mins, turning halfway through.
7. Serve on its own or with a sauce dip of choice.
8. To make the Korean dipping sauce, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, sesame oil and red chilli flakes in a bowl.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 180Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 66mgSodium 863mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 20g
Please note this is the nutritional Info (per chicken goujon) This may slightly differ depending on where you buy your ingredients. Please note this is the nutritional Info for 1 chicken goujon: 110 Calories | 14.5 g Protein | 1.1 g Carbs | 5.3 g Fat