I recreated my favourite nut bar using some organic ingredients.
Making this chocolate nut bar in the comfort of my home means I know exactly what type of ingredients I’m using and I get save some money by not purchasing overpriced store-bought nut bars.
This is an easy snack recipe that you can share with your friends and family. A delicious healthy snack you can conveniently have on the go or pack in your lunch box for yourself and your kids.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Mix together raw mixed nuts and sunflower seeds in a baking tray and put them in the oven to roast for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool down in a bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat raw honey, date sugar and vanilla essence on medium heat and stir frequently.
- Bring the honey syrup to a boil until it turns dark brown. Immediately pour the honey syrup over nut mixture. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Grease a baking tray generously and pour the mixture into the tray, ensuring the mixture is spread evenly. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to harden.
- Once hardened, cut into 20 rectangular shaped bars using a sharp knife.
- Melt chocolate, carob powder and coconut oil in your microwave, in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle a pinch sea salt to finish. Refrigerate to let chocolate set.
- Store your chocolate nut bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 437Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 0mgSodium 313mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 5gSugar 33gProtein 11g
* This may slightly vary depending on where you purchase your ingredients from and the particular brand you use.
*Please note, Buy Whole Foods Online has gifted some products for review, but all views are my own*
Please pin, share and comment below!