Image Source: Unsplash
Taking a cruise holiday offers a whole host of interesting activities, and the great thing about cruise holidays is you get to choose when you socialise and when you prefer a little solitude. Everyone likes to meet new people and exchange stories, but this is not something you want to do all the time, and with that in mind, here are a few interesting on-board activities for you to try on those evenings when you don’t fancy socialising.
- Casinos – Every cruise will have a few casinos where you can immerse yourself in your favourite game. Of course, one has to have some self-control, and by agreeing on a daily gambling budget, you can keep track of how you are doing.
- Reading On A Quiet Sun Deck – Make sure you take a few books that are on your to-read list, and a little exploring will reveal those quiet little shaded corners where you can chill out and immerse yourself in a good book.
Image Source: Unsplash
- Spa And Massage – The early evening is the perfect time for a soothing spa and massage, and with the best prices for cruises from Melbourne, you can choose a cruise that offers a range of health and spa treatments. Early booking is advised when planning a cruise, and browsing the cruise operator’s website will give you all the information you need.
- Learn A New Skill – Typically, there will be cooking courses on the ship, where you can learn the art of making the perfect desert, or how to make a delicious Thai curry. Handicrafts are usually available, and by checking the cruise operator’s website, you can find a list of all the courses they offer on the ship.
- Healthy Sports – There will be at least one gym on the ship, where you can work out, and some liners have tennis courts, archery, table tennis and basketball courts. An early evening game of squash is always a good idea, and finding other passengers who are likeminded is never an issue.
- General Knowledge Quizzes – A great way to spend the evening is to pit your wits against other passengers in a quiz. Every cruise ship will have a resident quiz master, and if you don’t fancy joining a team, you can always play alone.
- Dining In Your Cabin – Most cruise offer free room service, and if you don’t fancy socialising over dinner, why not have your meal brought to your cabin? You can watch an epic movie or listen to your favourite music before turning in for an early night.
Image Source: Pexels
If you are new to cruise holidays, don’t rush into your booking, rather spend some time looking at the many activities that are available on-board before making any decisions. Usually, a cruise is themed for specific groups, and by selecting one that best suits your lifestyle, you will get the most out of your cruise experience.
This article is published in partnership with Mediabuzzer.
This is such a great article and perfect timing for me! I’m going on my first cruise in December and have no idea what to expect to do if I don’t want to go out on an excursion. Now I have a list of things I can do! (Reading on the deck was already on my list though 😉 ) Thank you so much for this awesome post!
Emily | https://www.thatweirdgirllife.com
Yay, I’m so glad to hear! Thanks for reading ? Enjoy your cruise trip! Where are you off to?
I love this. I’ve been considering going on a cruise this summer and this is certainly useful!
Thanks Rico! Yesss you should x